1 May 2013

Omigosh Redux Quilt Finished

My Omigosh Redux quilt is finished!!

I started and finished the quilting on ANZAC Day and then bound the next day. A simple cross hatch based on the blocks. I stuffed it up a bit. I was going to do quilt big gap quilting but miscalculated. And it was easier to add more quilting than to take out what I'd already done. But I still looks good. There are a couple of bumps from where I went back and there were movement.
Here I am squaring up the quilt. I always really enjoy this step. Makes the reality of finishing immediate. I also really enjoy binding the quilts. Although that is a bit of a struggle at the moment with the vision problems I am having.

Here is a close up of the finished product.
Here the quilt is finished being quilted, but not squared up yet. Miss Hattle says it's very comfortable!!

14 comments:

Laren, georgeous quilt - love love love it!! Jan Murphy

OMG....Omigosh!!!! that is wonderful, quilts don't need to be perfect and yours is beautiful, is it for you? Take care...Annette

Well done. Lovely accurate work.

Wow! It looks great. I hadn't seen Sue Garman's design before, but it is very attractive. I'd be like you and make larger blocks than hers!

A truly beautiful quilt. congratulations!

What a beautiful quilt! You must be very happy with the result you have achieved. Super well done to you.

It's really beautiful -- my kind of quilt.

this is a gorgeous quilt, it is the heart and soul that makes it so. All that lovely work is so worth it. I love Sue Garman patterns!

Oh, Brava!!! I really want to make one of these, so I'm super tickled to see yours. It's so pretty. Well done. :D

The quilt looks lovely. Well done on a finish!

Wow, so fantastic. Looks so great.
Grit from Germany

My hat goes off to you - that is an incredible amount of work and looks just lovely. Not sure I'd have the patience for it.

What size were your squares in the 4 patch blinks. Beautiful quilt.